My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://mindterrible.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Happiness Stolen

by Ara DerMosessian

Looking in the mirror today
I saw myself an old man
How the years had changed me
My face, my hair, my eyes
The hollowness of the years
Reflected right through them
Had they been so empty
So devoid of the divine spark
That shines in the eyes of a bride
On her wedding night
Had they been so fruitless
That now here I was
With nothing but solitude for company
Had they been so short
They couldn't accommodate for
Nothing but my pursuit of
Pleasure, riches, satisfaction...

Flashback through timeless memories
Searching for happiness lost
Eyes wide open, senses keen
Yet everywhere I searched
People from my past kept screaming,
shouting at me, kicking at me.
For those were the forgotten ones,
The step stones in my path so full of peril…
Yet somehow along the road,
Were left behind and forgotten…

And then I came across her
The obsession of my dreams,
The reason for my misery
The one person who unbeknownst to her
Sent me on a perilous journey
and never expecting my return
Drowned herself in the sea
And there her ghost still lies
Swimming in the cold waters
Taunting my ravaged soul
To follow her in eternity

My whole existence screamed for her
Yet I never let love dwell in my heart
For as sad as life may be
It sure was sadder to love her
Yet another’s pride and joy,
Another’s beacon of hope
Another’s lover she may be…

And now as I stand at the shore
The twilight reflects in the sea
Reminding me of her
And a love that never can be
I look back at my life
Then back at the sea
Wait for me my love
For soon we shall meet again
Embraced in an eternal caress
You, me and the dark depths of the sea...


Copyright © 2007 Ara DerMosessian

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home