My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://mindterrible.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Ode to a Familiar Unknown

‘Twas on a sunny afternoon,
On my way back home,
That my eyes chance upon
A familiar profile
Standing on the sidewalk,
Talking with gestures that I know
So well…

The blood in my veins
Rush to my heart that leaps
In an exhilarating rhythm,
Pounding like it does
When I’m waking up
From those dreams
Where I’m falling from the skies…

Alas…my heartbeat subsides
As I come to realize
That he is not you,
And my longing remains
But I am not disappointed,
For now I miss you
A moment less than eternity…

Copyright © 2007 Daisy Tchiftjian

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

These visions, illusions or hallucinations are the consequences of a tormented soul...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home